Langsung ke konten utama

PRAYING FOR YOUR Hᴜsʙᴀɴᴅ

Praying From Head to Toe


I was probably searching to find some sort of prayer that I could reference in the morning so that I could be more intentional about praying for Dominic.

I spent a lot of years praying that God would change or fix Dominic because in my self-righteousness I believed that any problems we had were his “fault”. I never actively prayed for his protection of God’s favor.

There are a lot of books, posts etc. about wives praying for their husband’s, and it hasn’t been a priority of mine until recently.

I found Jennifer’s site and started praying the head-to-toe prayer every morning. It really is an easy way to focus on intentionally praying for your spouse. I change things up or expand my prayers on some days, but I can always remember the “basics” of this prayer.

After several weeks of doing this every morning, Dominic and I had some sort of silly fight. It wasn’t anything huge but as is typical in a situation like this my response was “well look at what I have been doing that is so holy by praying for you…what have you been doing?!”

I am nice like that…

As I was driving to the office that morning I was messaging a couple of close friends and sharing how terrible I had been. As I was talking I realized that I was focusing my prayers on just Dominic and there were several areas in my own life that needed covering and protection as well!

Insert light bulb going off here! 🙂

So I told them that I was going to start praying those same prayers for myself …and I committed to praying the prayers for these girlfriends and their spouses as well.

There are specific areas that I really need help with – one being my sharp and quick tongue. So when I get to praying for our mouths, I ask that God would put words of affirmation and praise on my lips. That if angry or hurtful words are threatening to come out that I would be unable to speak them.

I can’t say that it is perfect – that since I started I haven’t spoken an angry word…but I believe it has been better. I am more aware of it in myself and willing to have God make the changes in me that refine me to be more of Him and less of me.

Progress not perfection right?!

This has become a meaningful part of my morning routine…I actually am praying while I am on my elliptical when I first get up. Eyes closed, I get some uninterrupted time with God and my workout seems to go faster! Win win! 🙂

Thank you to Jennifer for sharing this wonderful prayer, I am grateful that it is now a part of my quiet time with God❗

What is a favorite prayer of yours? I’d love to hear about it❗

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

 Confirm you are NOT a spammer


Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

♥ 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐉𝐀𝐃𝐈 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐀 𝐘𝐀𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐔𝐊𝐓𝐈𝐅 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐔𝐑𝐔𝐓 𝐏𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐁 ♥

ʀᴇɴᴜɴɢᴀɴ ʀᴀʙᴜ, 21 ғᴇʙʀᴜᴀʀɪ 2024 | ᴀʟɪɴ_ᴇsʀᴏɴ | 19 ᴍᴇɴɪᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ 🗯️ Bagaimanakah Caranya Untuk Memiliki Kehidupan Kristen_Yang Produktif ? 𝑷𝑹𝑶𝑳𝑶𝑮 Renungan ini terinspirasi saat penulis sedang komunikasi tentang seorang pelayan Tuhan ( Gembala Umatv) yang seharusnya menjadi teladan bagi manusia tapi malah menjadi biang kerok bagi sesama ! 🗯️ Kenapa Biang Kerok ? 🗨️ Karena Menerut Penulis Pribadi Manusia yang tidak produktif perusak dimata Tuhan & keluarga serta sesama . Baiklah tidak usah panjang lebar kita akan bahas apa itu produktif & kenapa orang kristen harus produktif, silakan dengar sampai habis Produktivitas adalah topik yang marak dibicarakan hari ini. Begitu banyak artikel dan buku ditulis untuk menolong kita hidup produktif.[1] Produktivitas biasanya dikaitkan dengan kuantitas yang dihasilkan dalam satu kurun waktu tertentu. Makin banyak yang dihasilkan, makin produktif seseorang. Sebagian orang menyamakan hidup yang sibuk dengan bentuk hidup yang pro...

♥ 𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆 𝐊𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐀𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐔𝐊𝐓𝐈𝐅 ♥

✦𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐀𝐍 𝐉𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐭, 30 𝐀𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐬 2024.✦ ♥ 𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆 𝐊𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐀𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐔𝐊𝐓𝐈𝐅 ♥ 𝐃𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐀𝐑 𝐈𝐒𝐈 : 1. Bagaimana Menjadi Orang Kristen Yang Produktif ? 2. Mengapa Kita Perlu Bekerja Untuk Mencari Penghidupan ? 3. Mengapa Kita Perlu Berjuang Untuk Bertahan Hidup ? 4. Apakah Perbuatan Kita Penting Bagi Tuhan ? 𝐏𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐀𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐀𝐍 : Dengan produktif, rasa malas dalam jiwa akan tersingkir. Produktif merupakan aktivitas yang bermanfaat untuk mengembangkan diri. Menjadi produktif adalah pilihan yang terbaik untuk  dapat menjadi lebih baik. Sebab, waktu yang kamu miliki tidak terbuang sia-sia. Selain itu, orang yang produktif cenderung memiliki target dan prioritas yang jelas untuk masa depannya. 🗯️ 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐀𝐀𝐍  1. BAGAIMANA MENJADI ORANG KRISTEN YANG PRODUKTIF ?  Firman Tuhan memerintahkan dalam 2 TESALONIKA 3:10-12 (TSI3.2) 10 karena waktu kita masih bersama, kami sudah mengajarkan, “Orang yang tidak mau bekerja tidak b...

♥︎KESEMBUHAN ILAHI♥︎

♥︎KESEMBUHAN ILAHI♥︎ http://alinesron.blogspot.com/2024/03/kesembuhan-ilahi.html ✦Tersedia Dalam Korban Penebusan YESUS Untuk Semua Orang Yang Percaya✦ FIRMANNYA DALAM ; KELUARAN 15:26 (ILT3)   Lalu berfirmanlah Dia, “Jika engkau mendengarkan dengan sungguh-sungguh suara YAHWEH, Elohimmu, dan engkau melakukan apa yang benar di mata-Nya, engkau memerhatikan perintah-Nya dan menjaga ketetapan-Nya, Aku tidak akan menimpakan ke atasmu semua tulah yang telah Aku timpakan kepada orang Mesir, karena Akulah YAHWEH, yang menyembuhkan kamu.” DAFTAR ISI A. Pendahuluan B. Dari mana datangnya penyakit? C. Maksud dari kesembuhan ilahi D. Dasar alkitabiah untuk kesembuhan ilahi E. langkah-langkah menerima kesembuhan dari Kristus F. Mengapa ada orang yang tidak menerima kesembuhan ilahi G. Penutup A. Pendahuluan Tentang kesembuhan ilahi ini, ada orang yang beranggapan (dari gereja-gereja tertentu) bahwa kesembuhan ilahi hanya terjadi pada masa Tuhan Yesus masih berada di bumi yait...